Kamloops Apartment Rental In-Suite Storage Ideas
When you rent a studio, 1-bedroom, or 2-bedroom apartment in Kamloops’ your suite will inevitably include some storage options including closets, drawers, shelves, and perhaps some built-in cupboards. If you’re like most people though, it’s pretty much a given that you will fill all of the available space you have.
Nearly every renter, no matter what stage of life, will need to find additional apartment storage. Thompson Rivers University students, singles and couples alike are likely to need space for bikes, sports equipment, extra clothing and bedding, computers, books, and/or portable beds or cots for guests.
Even with a new, well-designed apartment suite, you may still find yourself searching for spaces to store clutter that you’d like to tuck neatly out of the way. Let’s take a look a few possibilities for in-suite storage.
Rental Apartment In-Suite Storage Tips
Some of these tips will be useful to individuals, couples, or TRU students that rent studios, or 1 or 2-bedroom apartments in Kamloops.
Closets and shelves
- Add extra clothes racks. Iron racks come in all sizes, so there will likely be one or two that fit in your closets or in a bedroom corner.
- Add a floor-standing shelf for shoes.
Living room and bedroom furniture with built-in storage
The following multi-purpose apartment furniture with built-in storage will help you reclaim your living space and keep it from becoming cluttered.
- Storage ottoman
- Coffee table trunk
- Coffee table with drawers and/or shelves for baskets
- Under-bed and under-sofa storage drawers
- Sofa table and/or side tables with drawers
- Tall shelf units with baskets or drawers
Walls and kitchen
- Arrange floor-standing shelves on counters or tables.
- Add hooks under shelves to hang cups and utensils.
- Standing shower caddies
- Baskets on bathroom counters to hold soaps, shampoos
- Large floor baskets for towels
- Plant stand that also holds hair dryers or cosmetics
Don’t forget that you’ll probably also need a set of recycling bins. Stackable recycling bins are available at your favourite Swedish furniture store.
If you’re looking for other great ways to live a clutter-free life in your 1 or 2-bedroom Kamloops apartment or studio, visit Clutter Free Life to read Smart Storage Lessons: 10 Ideas from Small Spaces.
Summit Village Residences offers new, well-planned spaces. Large closets, in-suite laundry with storage shelves, plus an included storage unit for larger items and/or seasonal items make our suites attractive and functional. And if you need more storage for large items, our friends at Valleyview Mini Storage can help, providing discounts for our tenants on a variety of storage unit sizes to suit your needs and budget.